MS Access problem with memos

From: "Zanoni Marco" <postgresql(at)innysoft(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: MS Access problem with memos
Date: 2005-01-10 17:29:06
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,
I have a problem with the ODBC driver and MS Access XP.
If I have a table on PostgreSQL ( version 7.4.6) with text column,
MS Access reads it as a varchar(254) column, instead of a "Memo" dataytpe.

The official doccumentation says that the driver option "Text as
LongVarchar" should map text as memos, but it doesn't work.

I read an old workaround to make this work, but it says to create a new type,
and since 7.4 it must be coded in C. Is it the only way?

I work on Windows 2000, the latest official version of the driver, and
PostgreSQL 7.4.6 on Gentoo Linux.

Do anyone know why it doesn't work?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,