MS Access problem with memos

From: "Zanoni Marco" <postgresql(at)innysoft(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: MS Access problem with memos
Date: 2005-01-10 17:29:06
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi,
I have a problem with the ODBC driver and MS Access XP.
If I have a table on PostgreSQL ( version 7.4.6) with text column,
MS Access reads it as a varchar(254) column, instead of a "Memo" dataytpe.

The official doccumentation says that the driver option "Text as
LongVarchar" should map text as memos, but it doesn't work.

I read an old workaround to make this work, but it says to create a new type,
and since 7.4 it must be coded in C. Is it the only way?

I work on Windows 2000, the latest official version of the driver, and
PostgreSQL 7.4.6 on Gentoo Linux.

Do anyone know why it doesn't work?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Zanoni Marco

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Jeff EckermannDate: 2005-01-10 21:00:30