Re: I want to send comments to the backend!

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Gerhard Häring <lists(at)ghaering(dot)de>,pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: I want to send comments to the backend!
Date: 2003-03-20 19:00:22
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> generalize it to understand about comments.  Right now seems to be a
>> fine time to think about this, in fact, given that we're hacking the
>> protocol anyway.

> Yes.

On third thought, though, it would be really trivial for
pg_exec_query_string to call NullCommand and fall out early if
pg_parse_query returns an empty list; it'd take one extra test for NIL,
which would be more than compensated for if we got rid of the strspn
test.  So maybe changing the backend is the best answer after all.