Re: Wierd Error on update

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thomas Seeber <thomas(dot)seeber(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Wierd Error on update
Date: 2004-08-13 17:54:12
Lists: pgsql-sql

Thomas Seeber <thomas(dot)seeber(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
>>> I am getting two errors which are a bit confounding.
>>> ERROR: pg_class_aclcheck:relation 474653086 not found

>> How about triggers? Foreign keys? Rules?

> Neither of the updates touch any rules.
> sis_system_id has a foreign key constaint to another table that does
> in it contain a value of 9 for sis_system_id in that table, but the
> first isnt touching anything that has a trigger or foreign key
> constraint attached to the column.

> The table school_info_l has many contraints that affect other tables however

I would guess that one or another of these foreign-key constraints is
broken. I'd suggest looking through pg_trigger to see if there are
any entries with tgconstrrelid = 474653086. I wouldn't necessarily
recommend just deleting such an entry, mind you, but finding where the
problem is is the first step...