Re: WAL status update

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Mikheev, Vadim" <vmikheev(at)SECTORBASE(dot)COM>
Cc: "'The Hermit Hacker'" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: WAL status update
Date: 2000-11-02 09:14:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Mikheev, Vadim" <vmikheev(at)SECTORBASE(dot)COM> writes:
> I think that at least 1 & 2 from WAL todo (checkpoints and port to
> machines without TAS) is required before beta.

I'm not sure that you do need to add support for machines without TAS.
I pointed out a couple months ago that the non-TAS support code hasn't
even compiled for the past release or three, and proposed ripping it
all out rather than fixing code that clearly isn't being used.
No one objected.

I haven't got round to doing the ripping yet, but as far as I know
there is no reason to expend work on adding more code for the non-TAS
case.

I have a few other things I still need to do before 7.1 beta. Do you
think you'll be ready in, say, a week?