Postgres mail list traffic over time

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Postgres mail list traffic over time
Date: 2008-11-21 03:36:43
Lists: pgsql-general

I got interested by Bruce's plot of PG email traffic here
http://momjian.us/main/img/pgincoming.gif
and decided to try to extend it into the past. The data I have
available is just my own incoming mail log, but being a pack-rat by
nature I have that back to April 1998. Attached is a graph of Postgres
list messages per month since then. I should note that this covers only
the mail lists I'm subscribed to, which has been most of them since
about 1999; but the first few numbers in this chart are undercounts by
comparison. Also, the very last dot is month-to-date for November and
so is an underestimate.

So, to a first approximation, the PG list traffic has been constant
since 2000. Not the result I expected.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
image/png 2.7 KB