Re: [HACKERS] Report: removing the inconsistencies in our CVS->git conversion

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Report: removing the inconsistencies in our CVS->git conversion
Date: 2010-09-14 03:10:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> If you can recover any of the releases that aren't on ftp-archive,
>> please send me copies.

> Sure. I have a copy of our ftp site /pub as of 6.3 and have put it
> online:
> http://momjian.us/expire/pgsql_ftp_6.3/

> Unfortunately I don't see anything there that isn't already here:
> ftp://ftp-archives.postgresql.org/pub/source/

Well, you seem to have 6.0 and 6.3 initial releases, which I didn't
have before, so thanks for that. But you're failing to realize that
you have unadulterated historical gold here:

http://momjian.us/expire/pgsql_ftp_6.3/majordomo/

What that looks like to me is an archive of our mailing lists from 1996
to 1998. The material at archives.postgresql.org doesn't go back that
far, at least not for all the lists. Is anybody up for merging that
traffic into the main archives?