Re: plperl's ppport.h out of date?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: plperl's ppport.h out of date?
Date: 2006-05-30 15:35:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> It is, but this misses the point. You want to use the latest ppport.h
> even when building with earlier perls.

Doh, of course.  Well, for the moment I'll just put in the #ifndef.

FWIW, it looks like a large part of the bloat in the newer file is
in-line documentation, which we hardly need to include in our
distribution.  I'll leave it to someone more familiar with Perl to
determine whether we want to try to use a slimmed-down copy of the
up-to-date output.