Re: BUG #1838: IndexSupportInitialze

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Judith Altamirano" <jaltamirano(at)correolux(dot)com(dot)mx>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #1838: IndexSupportInitialze
Date: 2005-08-20 14:57:40
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Judith Altamirano" <jaltamirano(at)correolux(dot)com(dot)mx> writes:
> PostgreSQL version: Postgres95
> Operating system: Red Hat 6.2
> Details:

> Hi, when I try to make a query it appears the next error:
> IndexSupportInitialize: corrupted catalos
> after of a table named suc_usr, I can't drop de table index
> neither the table...

Postgres95!? Red Hat 6.2? My goodness, you are using ancient software.
The list of known bugs fixed since those days would terrify anybody
(and that goes for the whole OS not just Postgres). I urgently
recommend that you make a dump of your data, install something more
modern, and reload the database.

If your version of Postgres had REINDEX, you might be able to get out
from under the immediate problem with that, but REINDEX wasn't there
before Postgres 7.0.