Re: Ctid chain following enhancement

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Pavan Deolasee" <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ctid chain following enhancement
Date: 2007-01-27 21:17:11
Lists: pgsql-patches

"Pavan Deolasee" <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> On 1/27/07, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> It looks to me that you have introduced a buffer leak into
>> heap_get_latest_tid ...

> I can't spot that.

No, you're right, my apologies. I was thinking that the patch ought to
introduce an UnlockReleaseBuffer after the loop, but that's not
necessary given the calls before all the breaks. (OTOH it might be
cleaner to refactor things that way, if we were going to apply this.
I still don't think heap_get_latest_tid is worth any optimization
effort, though.)