Roles

From: Bruce Hyatt <brucejhyatt(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Roles
Date: 2008-11-22 01:54:58
Lists: pgsql-novice
It appears there are some predefined roles (superuser, admin) but I can't find a definition of these privileges in the documentation. I understand that users and roles are equal (though create role is not = create user) and that roles can be redefined but surely one of these roles is what I'm looking for and somewhere the default privileges are listed so I can figure out which one it is I want to grant to myself?

TIA,
Bruce Hyatt

pgsql-novice by date