Re: 7.1.3 compilation failure (libpq or aync?)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: James Olsen <jamesml(at)planetolsen(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.1.3 compilation failure (libpq or aync?)
Date: 2001-11-19 20:46:47
Lists: pgsql-novice

James Olsen <jamesml(at)planetolsen(dot)com> writes:
> I'm trying to compile PostGreSQL 7.1.3 on my slackware (4.0?) box.

> ../../../src/include/libpq/pqcomm.h:33: redefinition of `struct sockaddr_un'

This would seem to be an autoconfiguration failure. If you look at that
include file you'll see that it only tries to define struct sockaddr_un
if HAVE_STRUCT_SOCKADDR_UN is not defined --- which indicates that
configure failed to find any definition of struct sockaddr_un in the
system header files. But evidently there is one; so why didn't
configure find it? Perhaps your system keeps it in an odd place.
Please see if you can figure out why configure missed this.