Getting the red out (of the buildfarm)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Cc: jim(at)nasby(dot)net, pgdev(at)xs4all(dot)nl, markwkm(at)gmail(dot)com, chris+pgbf(at)chrullrich(dot)net, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Getting the red out (of the buildfarm)
Date: 2009-09-23 14:20:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers
We have a number of buildfarm members that have been failing on HEAD
consistently for some time.  It looks from here that the following
actions need to be taken:

tapir, cardinal: need a newer version of "flex" installed

wombat, eukaryote, chinchilla: these are all failing with
	LOG:  could not bind IPv4 socket: Address already in use
	HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 5678? If
	not, wait a few seconds and retry.
This presumably indicates that a postmaster is hanging around from
a previous test and needs to be killed manually.  The fact that
this started to happen about ten days ago on all three machines
suggests a generic failure-to-shut-down problem in the buildfarm script.
I wonder how up-to-date their scripts are.

comet_moth, gothic_moth: these are failing the new plpython_unicode test
in locale cs_CZ.ISO8859-2.  Somebody needs to do something about that.
If it's left to me I'll probably just remove the test that has multiple
results.