Re: 7.x horology regression test on Solaris buildfarm machines

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.x horology regression test on Solaris buildfarm machines
Date: 2007-02-27 17:16:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com> writes:
> Shouldn't all of the buildfarm members be failing either before or after
> the patch?  That doesn't seem to be the case for any of them.

No, because for the "standard" regression behavior we have variant
result files both with and without the DST law change: see horology and
horology_1.  The issue only comes up for machines that were matching to
horology-no-DST-before-1970.out (which may be only old HPUX) or
horology-solaris-1947.out (which I suppose is only Solaris).  The reason
I got around to making the patch now is I recently updated my old HPUX
machine for the law change, and so 7.x started to fail for me ...