Re: small mistakes in func.sgml

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)atentus(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>,pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org,Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
Subject: Re: small mistakes in func.sgml
Date: 2002-08-29 05:22:14
Lists: pgsql-patches
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)atentus(dot)com> writes:
> Better apply something like this sed script to func.sgml
> sed -e 's/>[a-z]*>/>/g'
> 'cause there are a lot of those things inside.  Sadly, there are other
> mistakes that weren't there in 7.2 docs.
> [snip]
> And maybe there are more that I don't see.  I don't know how to identify
> which commit broke the file: that can probably help identify all
> errors.

I traced this back to Thomas' commit of 11-June:

	* doc/src/sgml/: advanced.sgml, datatype.sgml, func.sgml,
	release.sgml: Implement SQL99 OVERLAY(). [etc]

I groveled through the diffs pretty carefully, and found only a couple
of places that you'd missed.  So I think we're okay for now.  However,
if Thomas was using an edit script to fix that markup, the script
evidently needs more work before being used again ...