Re: PostgreSQL 7.1.1: Backend crash when calling plpgsql function

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: bs(at)niggard(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 7.1.1: Backend crash when calling plpgsql function
Date: 2001-05-09 15:03:38
Lists: pgsql-bugs

pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org writes:
> Hi, while porting a 6.5 app to 7.1.1 i found a plpgsql function that
> crashes the backend. Other functions work though. When i rewrite the
> function to be more sane, the crash doesnt happen anymore. Still the
> backend shouldnt crash (and it didnt in 6.5 btw).
> The whole db dump is about 28megs if anyone is interested.

I'd like to look at this, but 28meg is more than I want to download
(stuck behind a dialup line for the present :-(). Would you please
try to devise a small dataset that exhibits the problem, and send it
along in the form of a psql script?

7.1.2 is due out at the end of the week, so the sooner you can get it
to me the better ...