Re: CommitFest Status Summary - 2010-02-14

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Subject: Re: CommitFest Status Summary - 2010-02-14
Date: 2010-02-17 06:39:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> * Fix large object support in pg_dump.  I think this is just waiting
> for a second opinion on whether the approach is correct.  I've been
> meaning to look at it, but haven't gotten enough round tuits; maybe
> someone else would like to take a look?  This is an open item, so we
> should really try to deal with it.

Yeah, I think this is a "must fix for alpha" item.  Will look at it
tomorrow, god willin an the creek don't rise (or, given the weather
around here: the power stays on).

> * Faster CREATE DATABASE by delaying fsync.  This is really two
> patches now, one of which is apparently to be backpatched.

This one (both parts) seems to have crashed and burned on unexpected
portability issues :-(.  Do we have any expectation of being able to
fix it before alpha4?