Re: pgbench stats per script & other stuff

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgbench stats per script & other stuff
Date: 2016-01-27 02:03:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> I'm uncomfortable with the prefix-matching aspect of -b. It makes
> "-b s" ambiguous -- whether it stands for select-only or simple-update
> is merely a matter of what comes earlier in the table, which doesn't
> seem reasonable to me. [...]

> I'm going to change this to use strlen(builtin_script[i].name) instead
> of "len" here.

I pushed like that, but of course that means you can use "-b
simple-update-foo" and it works. I could have used just strcmp().
(Part e is pushed too along with an initial pgindent).

Here's part b rebased, pgindented and with some minor additional tweaks
(mostly function commands and the function renames I mentioned). Still
concerned about the unlocked stat accums.

I haven't tried to rebase the other ones yet, they need manual conflict
fixes.

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgbench-script-stats-14-b.patch text/x-diff 30.6 KB