Re: PATCH: Split stats file per database WAS: autovacuum stress-testing our system

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tomas Vondra <tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz>
Cc: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PATCH: Split stats file per database WAS: autovacuum stress-testing our system
Date: 2013-02-13 21:29:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Here's an updated version of this patch that takes care of the issues I
reported previously: no more repalloc() of the requests array; it's now
an slist, which makes the code much more natural IMV. And no more
messing around with doing sprintf to create a separate sprintf pattern
for the per-db stats file; instead have a function to return the name
that uses just the pgstat dir as stored by GUC. I think this can be
further simplified still.

I haven't reviewed the rest yet; please do give this a try to confirm
that the speedups previously reported are still there (i.e. I didn't
completely blew it).

Thanks

Attachment Content-Type Size
stats-split-v7.patch text/x-diff 41.6 KB