Drop statistics?

From: David Kerr <dmk(at)mr-paradox(dot)net>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Drop statistics?
Date: 2012-06-22 17:07:56
Lists: pgsql-performance
I'm trying to work through a root cause on a performance problem. I'd like to
be able to "show" that a problem was fixed by analyzing the table.

what i've done is
set default_statistics_target=1
analyze <Table>

That gets rid of most of the rows in pg_stats, but i'm still getting decent performance.

It's possible that the existing stats were just not optimal, and i won't be able to get that back.

But I just want to verify that what i've done is the only real option that I have? am i missing anything
else that I could try?

(I'm on PG9.1)

Thanks.

Dave