On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 07:01:46AM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On tor, 2012-01-19 at 17:04 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > For that reason, I wonder if I should just hard-code the plpython
> > rename into the pg_upgrade test in check_loadable_libraries().
> Yes, I haven't come up with a better solution either.
> If this becomes a general problem, we might need to add a command line
> option to ignore certain names or something. But not yet.
Well, the problem is a little more complex than reported. It turns out
in PG 9.0 we kept the plpython.so file and symlinked plpython2.so to it.
In PG 9.1, we removed plpython.so, and only have plpython2.so, so the
problem is with PG >= 9.1, and does not affect 9.0, which explains why
we didn't get any 9.0 reports of a problem.
I have applied the attached patch to PG head and 9.1 to fix the library
Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> http://momjian.us
+ It's impossible for everything to be true. +
Description: text/x-diff (1.3 KB)
In response to
pgsql-hackers by date
|Next:||From: Simon Riggs||Date: 2012-01-25 03:50:22|
|Subject: Re: Group commit, revised|
|Previous:||From: Bruce Momjian||Date: 2012-01-25 02:55:58|
|Subject: Fix for pg_upgrade tablespace function usage|