Re: pg_upgrade with plpython is broken

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_upgrade with plpython is broken
Date: 2012-01-25 03:47:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 07:01:46AM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On tor, 2012-01-19 at 17:04 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > For that reason, I wonder if I should just hard-code the plpython
> > rename into the pg_upgrade test in check_loadable_libraries().
>
> Yes, I haven't come up with a better solution either.
>
> If this becomes a general problem, we might need to add a command line
> option to ignore certain names or something. But not yet.

Well, the problem is a little more complex than reported. It turns out
in PG 9.0 we kept the plpython.so file and symlinked plpython2.so to it.
In PG 9.1, we removed plpython.so, and only have plpython2.so, so the
problem is with PG >= 9.1, and does not affect 9.0, which explains why
we didn't get any 9.0 reports of a problem.

I have applied the attached patch to PG head and 9.1 to fix the library
checking problem.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
diff text/x-diff 1.3 KB