Re: [TESTERS] R: Postgresql 9.0b2 : pg_upgrade not passing username to pgdumpall ?

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: "Cassiano, Marco" <mcassiano(at)manord(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-testers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [TESTERS] R: Postgresql 9.0b2 : pg_upgrade not passing username to pgdumpall ?
Date: 2010-06-23 20:04:22
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-testers

Cassiano, Marco wrote:
> Thank you Bruce,
>
> I applied the patch and found two things you might want to take in consideration :
>
> 1) dump.c Line 25 should be :
>
> SYSTEMQUOTE, ctx->new.bindir, ctx->old.port, ctx->user, ctx->output_dir);
>
> And not
>
> SYSTEMQUOTE, ctx->new.bindir, ctx->old.port, ctx->user, ctx->cwd);
>
> (sorry, I'm not confident at producing patch files....)

OK, the problem here is that I changed output_dir to cwd since beta2;
your change is fine for your version of pg_upgrade.

> 2) I then recompiled pg_upgrade and reinstalled it. Now it goes
> a little bit further but I think there's another point (vacuumdb of
> the new cluster) in which the username is missing. You might want
>to take a look at this output (/tmp/pg_upgrade.log)

Ah, you are right --- I seem to have missed a bunch of username
designations. I went through and looked all all the exec calls, and
added the username to each one that supported it; applied patch
attached.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
/rtmp/diff text/x-diff 6.5 KB