Re: BUG #5457: dblink_connect now restricts non-superusers to password

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Chana Slutzkin <chana(at)cs(dot)huji(dot)ac(dot)il>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5457: dblink_connect now restricts non-superusers to password
Date: 2010-05-11 12:59:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Chana Slutzkin wrote:

> Bug reference: 5457
> Logged by: Chana Slutzkin
> Email address: chana(at)cs(dot)huji(dot)ac(dot)il
> PostgreSQL version: 8.4
> Operating system: FreeBSD 7.2
> Details:
>
> dblink in version 8.4 forces a non-superuser to connect using a password.
> I would prefer to use ident.

I don't think ident is a good idea because the connection is coming from
the database server, not the client. The database server is always
going to be user 'postgres'. However, I assume pg_hba.conf could allow
you do make this work somehow, but with little security.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com