Re: planet "top posters" section

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: "pgsql-www" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>
Subject: Re: planet "top posters" section
Date: 2010-04-22 19:15:40
Lists: pgsql-www
On Thursday 22 April 2010 13:20:40 Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 03:18, Robert Treat
>
> <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net> wrote:
> > More importantly, there's a flaw in your query me thinks. OmniTI
> > currently shows having 9 posts in the team section, which also matches
> > the breakdown of my cohorts (4,3,2) in the top posters section, however I
> > also have a blog post on the 13th, so I'd think that we should have at
> > least 10 posts on our "Team", no? I'm guessing others might be off as
> > well, I only noticed cause I knew I had blogged recently.
>
> Uh, que? There may be more posts now, but I see:
>
> Hubert - 4
> Theo - 3
> You - 2
>
> Which is 9, which happens to be what's listed as OmnitTI.
>
> I don't think you get to count yourself twice ;)

:-)  My bad, I see one of my cohorts isn't actually listed as being part of
the OmniTI team, perhaps we'll have to fix that. Of course that also means that
I'm not listed in the top posters section, even though I have 2 posts (like
most of the other people). Guessing you sort it by first name, what you really
need is some magic window query to grab top n plus ties and display that. In
the meantime, I can change my name to Bob I guess :-P

--
Robert Treat
Conjecture: http://www.xzilla.net