Questions about 9.0 release note

From: Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Questions about 9.0 release note
Date: 2010-03-30 05:37:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi, I have some questions about 9.0 release note.
I'd like to work for some of them if required. Comments welcome.

* Allow per-tablespace sequential and random page cost variables
  (seq_page_cost/(random_page_cost)) via ALTER TABLESPACE ... SET/RESET
                  ^                ^
Are those parentheses around random_page_cost intentional?
They seems to mean just "(seq_page_cost and random_page_cost)".

* EXCLUDE constraints has no tags to be linked.
The item in release note is pointing the following page,
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/sql-createtable.html#SQL-CREATETABLE-DESCRIPTION
but the actual description about EXCLUDE constraints are in the subentry
of "Parameters" section. Can we add a tag to <varlistentry> for EXCLUDE?

* "EXCLUDE constraints" is not indexed from the Index page.
Should we have for it? Unique Constraints have a section for them:
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/ddl-constraints.html#AEN2431

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki
NTT Open Source Software Center

Next:From: tomasDate: 2010-03-30 05:50:02