Questions about 9.0 release note

From: Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Questions about 9.0 release note
Date: 2010-03-30 05:37:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi, I have some questions about 9.0 release note.
I'd like to work for some of them if required. Comments welcome.

* Allow per-tablespace sequential and random page cost variables
  (seq_page_cost/(random_page_cost)) via ALTER TABLESPACE ... SET/RESET
                  ^                ^
Are those parentheses around random_page_cost intentional?
They seems to mean just "(seq_page_cost and random_page_cost)".

* EXCLUDE constraints has no tags to be linked.
The item in release note is pointing the following page,
but the actual description about EXCLUDE constraints are in the subentry
of "Parameters" section. Can we add a tag to <varlistentry> for EXCLUDE?

* "EXCLUDE constraints" is not indexed from the Index page.
Should we have for it? Unique Constraints have a section for them:

Takahiro Itagaki
NTT Open Source Software Center

pgsql-hackers by date

Next:From: tomasDate: 2010-03-30 05:50:02