Here is a patch to support new syntax in psql tab completion
and fix bugs to complete after an open parenthesis.
Supported additonal syntax are:
- ALTER TABLE/INDEX/TABLESPACE SET/RESET with options
- ALTER TABLE ALTER COLUMN SET/RESET with options
- ALTER TABLE ALTER COLUMN SET STORAGE
- CREATE TRIGGER with events
- CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY
- CREATE INDEX ON (without name)
- CREATE INDEX ... USING with pg_am.amname instead of hard-corded names.
Fixes bugs are:
Bug 1: Double parenthesis
=# INSERT INTO pgbench_history VALUES (<TAB>
=# INSERT INTO pgbench_history VALUES (( <= wrong
Bug 2: We cannot complete words if no whitespaces around a parenthesis.
=# CREATE INDEX idx ON pgbench_history( <TAB>
^ no whitespace here
Bug 3: should be completed with "(" before columns.
=# CREATE INDEX foo ON pgbench_accounts USING BTREE <TAB>
abalance aid bid filler <= wrong, should be "("
I adjusted previous_word() to split words not only with spaces but also
with non-alphabets, and removed a hack with find_open_parenthesis().
NTT Open Source Software Center
In response to
pgsql-hackers by date
|Next:||From: Jakub Ouhrabka||Date: 2010-02-16 07:15:33|
|Subject: Problem with 8.4 stats collector high load|
|Previous:||From: Tom Lane||Date: 2010-02-16 05:20:21|
|Subject: Re: LISTEN/NOTIFY and notification timing guarantees |