This is the second of the patches to be split out from the former
'plperl feature patch 1'.
Changes in this patch:
- Allow (ineffective) use of 'require' in plperl
If the required module is not already loaded then it dies.
So "use strict;" now works in plperl.
- Pre-load the feature module if perl >= 5.10.
So "use feature :5.10;" now works in plperl.
- Stored procedure subs are now given names.
The names are not visible in ordinary use, but they make
tools like Devel::NYTProf and Devel::Cover _much_ more useful.
- Simplified and generalized the subroutine creation code.
Now one code path for generating sub source code, not four.
Can generate multiple 'use' statements with specific imports
(which handles plperl.use_strict currently and can easily
be extended to handle a plperl.use_feature=':5.12' in future).
- Disallows use of Safe version 2.20 which is broken for PL/Perl.
- Assorted minor optimizations by pre-growing data structures.
This patch will apply cleanly over the 'add functions' patch:
pgsql-hackers by date
|Next:||From: Fujii Masao||Date: 2010-01-14 16:28:03|
|Subject: Re: Streaming replication, retrying from archive|
|Previous:||From: Kevin Grittner||Date: 2010-01-14 16:07:08|
|Subject: Re: archive_timeout behavior for no activity|