Re: Compiler warning cleanup - unitilized constvariables, pointer type mismatch

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Compiler warning cleanup - unitilized constvariables, pointer type mismatch
Date: 2009-05-28 11:33:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 11:11:20AM +0200, Zdenek Kotala wrote:
> I attached another cleanup patch which fixes following warnings reported
> by Sun Studio:
> "preproc.c", line 39569: warning: pointer expression or its operand do not point to the same object yyerror_range, result is undefined and non-portable
> Following list is still unfixed plus see my comments:
>
> "gram.c", line 28487: warning: pointer expression or its operand do not point to the same object yyerror_range, result is undefined and non-portable

These two should be the same, both coming from bison. Both files are
auto-generated, thus it might be bison that has to be fixed to remove this
warning. Given that I didn't find any mentioning of preproc in your patch I
suppose it just hit the wrong list though.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo: michaelmeskes, Jabber: meskes(at)jabber(dot)org