Re: XML documentation question

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: XML documentation question
Date: 2009-04-24 12:48:52
Lists: pgsql-docs
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On Friday 24 April 2009 06:17:47 Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > What does this first sentence mean in our XML function documentation;
> > would someone please rewrite it to be intelligable?
> >
> >     In addition, the following functions are available to produce
> >     analogous mappings of entire schemas or the entire current
> >     database.
>
> It means that the functions described below produce mappings that are
> analogous to the ones described earlier in that section which map tables
> instead of schemas or databases.

Apologies, I quoted the wrong section;  I meant to ask about this
sentence:

	    The following functions return XML Schema documents describing the
	    mappings made by the data mappings produced by the corresponding
	    functions above.
	<synopsis>
	table_to_xmlschema(tbl regclass, nulls boolean, tableforest boolean,
	targetns text)
	query_to_xmlschema(query text, nulls boolean, tableforest boolean,
	targetns text)
	cursor_to_xmlschema(cursor refcursor, nulls boolean, tableforest
	boolean, targetns text)
	</synopsis>