Re: Argentina Press Contact

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Santiago Zarate <santiago(at)zarate(dot)net(dot)ve>, Guido Barosio <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>, "dandelion(at)cantv(dot)net" <dandelion(at)cantv(dot)net>, "ve(at)postgresql(dot)org" <ve(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Argentina Press Contact
Date: 2008-11-27 19:07:50
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Thursday 27 November 2008 02:11:08 Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On 26 nov 2008, at 23.21, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> > Alvaro,
> >
> >> This is why it's a bad idea to let individuals hold the rights to the
> >> domains. They disappear or go nuts, and the community is screwed.
> >
> > Given that we don't have a spanish-speaking non-profit, where would
> > they donated the domains?
>
> Why would it need to be Spanish speaking? I'm sure that's not a
> requirement to own a domain.
>
> That said, I'm also sure we can find individuals in most of the
> existing non-profits who speak Spanish if that's needed.

I mentioned on the www list, but as long as the country allows for foriegn
companies to register domains, I think using SPI as a resource for this is a
very good idea; we just need someone semi-local to help do research to ensure
that we can do this, and we can try and make it happen.

--
Robert Treat
Conjecture: http://www.xzilla.net