Re: Postgres mail list traffic over time

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres mail list traffic over time
Date: 2008-11-21 04:06:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:
> >> So, to a first approximation, the PG list traffic has been constant
> >> since 2000. Not the result I expected.
>
> > I also was confused by its flatness. I am finding the email traffic
> > almost impossible to continue tracking, so something different is
> > happening, but it seems it is not volume-related.
>
> Yes, my perception also is that it's getting harder and harder to keep
> up with the list traffic; so something is happening that a simple
> volume count doesn't capture.

Agreed. I am struggling to put into words some of my angst, but I am
concerned I will not be able to offer the same guarantees I have done in
previous releases that every bug has been either fixed or added to the
TODO list, and every submitted patch has been either applied or rejected.

There, I said it. :-(

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com