Re: Common Table Expressions (WITH RECURSIVE) patch

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us
Cc: pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Common Table Expressions (WITH RECURSIVE) patch
Date: 2008-09-19 01:32:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Why does set_recursion_pathlist think that the subquery might have
> useful pathkeys? We know it must always be a UNION ALL, no?

Right. But someday we might implement "UNION" (without ALL) then we
have useful pathkeys...

Or shall I completely remove the step to generate patheys and do not
pass pathkeys to create_recursion_path?

pathkeys = convert_subquery_pathkeys(root, rel, subroot->query_pathkeys);
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan