Re: PgUS Memberships and Board Nominations Now Open

From: Joshua Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)endpoint(dot)com>, Michael Alan Brewer <mbrewer(at)gmail(dot)com>, US PostgreSQL Association <pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PgUS Memberships and Board Nominations Now Open
Date: 2008-09-15 16:57:26
Lists: pgus-general

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 09:38:44 -0700
"David E. Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com> wrote:

> On Sep 15, 2008, at 09:22, Joshua Drake wrote:
>
> >> That would be a shame.
> >
> > Why would that be? Honestly, I have never seen the point in OpenID.
> > (Not really interested in arguing either :)).
>
> There is, however, a point, and if pg.us could support it, it's only
> a good thing. Those who don't see the point don't have to use it.

Like I said, not interested in arguing. If people find use, people find
use. I am personally indifferent to the whole thing.

> > The idea of creating more maintenance for the website doesn't really
> > appeal to me but it certainly isn't only my decision.
>
> It's a bug. I really don't think supporting Open ID adds that much
> if you've already got the basics in place. And there'll be other
> bugs, too.

If someone would like to download Drupal, and diagnose the OpenID
authentication module -- rock on :). I am certainly not suggesting
someone not fix the problem.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake