Re: provision for donations

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: Joshua Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Richard Broersma" <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>, Melanie <melanie(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Subject: Re: provision for donations
Date: 2008-09-12 15:57:27
Lists: pgus-general
On Thursday 11 September 2008 21:33:41 Josh Berkus wrote:
> Josh,
>
> > "Postgresql" :)
>
> I'm just saying that the proposal seems to be to involve the various user
> groups in pg.us fundraising through distribution of shirts in return for
> pg.us donations.  Or did I miss something?

ISTM if pg.us buys the shirts, then they would likely spread them around to
any .us based groups. If pg.eu buys them they spread them around to .eu
groups. I don't think any further link is needed between the groups and the
purchasing party, since the .us or .eu would be deciding what best meets
thier organizational goals (~ spreading pg usage in the US for this group). I
suppose if you want an international distribution, you should propose pg.spi
buy shirts.

--
Robert Treat