Re: provision for donations

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: Joshua Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Richard Broersma" <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>, Melanie <melanie(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Subject: Re: provision for donations
Date: 2008-09-12 15:57:27
Lists: pgus-general
On Thursday 11 September 2008 21:33:41 Josh Berkus wrote:
> Josh,
> > "Postgresql" :)
> I'm just saying that the proposal seems to be to involve the various user
> groups in fundraising through distribution of shirts in return for
> donations.  Or did I miss something?

ISTM if buys the shirts, then they would likely spread them around to
any .us based groups. If buys them they spread them around to .eu
groups. I don't think any further link is needed between the groups and the
purchasing party, since the .us or .eu would be deciding what best meets
thier organizational goals (~ spreading pg usage in the US for this group). I
suppose if you want an international distribution, you should propose pg.spi
buy shirts.

Robert Treat