Position: PostgreSQL DBA
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
McAfee creates best-of-breed computer security solutions that span large
enterprises, governments, small- and medium-sized businesses, and consumers,
helping prevent intrusion on networks and protecting computer systems from
the next generation of blended attacks and threats. These next-generation
threats attack on multiple levels of the network infrastructure. McAfee
offers in-depth protection-from the network core, to perimeter defense to
complete desktop security.
The company was recently named Best Employer in CMP Media’s Software
Development Reader’s Choice Awards along with being chosen the Best Software
Company at the CompTIA Breakaway Conference.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Design, implement, operate and optimize database systems for performance and
- Build database tools, script and automate everything possible.
- Provide replication and backups.
- Work with software engineers and data modelers to ensure the overall
application design is optimal. This involves performance data modeling,
schema design and query reviews.
- Interface with network, hardware and system operations teams to resolve
problems with application/database systems.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Extensive knowledge of PostgreSQL
- Strong knowledge of database concepts and fundamentals
- Good grasp of hardware and system administration concepts
- Motivated self-learner, good problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- High Availability
To apply, either follow this link:
or contact me by email or phone.
Thank you again.
Web Security Group
Web : http://www.HackerSafe.com
PostgreSQL @ Sun
sfpug by date
|Next:||From: Josh Berkus||Date: 2008-06-16 17:05:17|
|Subject: Githogori's hidden talent|
|Previous:||From: Josh Berkus||Date: 2008-06-11 21:54:05|
|Subject: Call for Presentations: pgDay San Francisco 2008|