Is starting PGUS realistic?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Is starting PGUS realistic?
Date: 2008-06-10 01:02:58
Lists: pgus-general
Josh, Michael, Selena,

Most of us know from SPI and previous attempts at PostgreSQL incorporation
that running an NPO requires a pretty significant time commitment.  Yet,
the bylaws thread and the pgus web site have languished without any
regular attention from the three of you because you're busy with your
jobs.

I'm wondering if it's actually realistic to launch PGUS if we can't even
get it together to get the bylaws finalized.  Starting another PostgreSQL
NPO which will be inactive due to lack of volunteer time is not a good way
for any of us to contribute.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus