Re: swik.net is copying planetpostgresql content

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: swik.net is copying planetpostgresql content
Date: 2008-05-27 16:29:48
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Tue, 27 May 2008 09:20:21 -0700 Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 09:13 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > JD,
> >
> > > They are in my neck of the woods, possibly a nice phone call would
> > > resolve the whole issue.
> >
> > Sure. I'm just not sure there *is* an issue.
> >

> Well there is an issue, it just may not be a problem :). It may just be
> one of clarification.

Yeah.

> > As far as I can tell, they are just re-broadcasting *publically available RSS
> > feeds* (which is what RSS feeds are for, no?). If there is any problem (and
> > I'm not convinced there is) it's just that their copyright statement is
> > unclear.
>
> Right.

I would not name it "re-broadcasting" because of all the work they have
done to integrate the content into the wiki but basically that's it.

So i'm also +1 for politely asking.

By the way: RSS feeds are for read, not for republish the content
without permission. I granted Devrim the right to publish parts of my
blog on planetpg, but i can't remember that i or most of the other
planet posters did include the permission for other usage.

Kind regards

--
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group