Re: New email list for emergency communications

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New email list for emergency communications
Date: 2008-03-24 19:01:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 19:31:16 +0100
"Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de> wrote:

> Yes, i was asked more than once by ppl using a Google talk account.
> Would be nice to have them added without adding another account in
> pidgin.

Apparently I have more work to do than anyone else :P. I have zero
desire to have people contacting me from gmail, yahoo or other such
thing. I am busy enough.

The purpose of the jabber server was to allow contributors direct
access to each other. If we open it up, that has the potential for even
more communication overload.

If we really want a public jabber server we can do that but I would
like it to be separate from the internal jabber.postgresql server. We
could then setup the public jabber server so that it can communicate
with the private jabber server.

This would allow people who want to stay off the public im channels to
stay off but still be able to communicate with those that wish to have
a public jabber.postgresql.org account.

Joshua D. Drake
PostgreSQL SPI Liaison | SPI Director | PostgreSQL political pundit