Re: Contributor List policy

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2008-03-10 22:33:01
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 18:27:46 -0400
Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 02:30:19PM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > Either you include all contributors or you don't.
> That is surely a a false dichotomy.  Surely we don't want to include
> everyone who ever answers a question on the mailing list, right?

Of course not. As stated previously, my gripe is explicitly the idea
that only developers can be major contributors. That is all.

I have offered several solutions to that problem, including having a
contributor_type column that would allow a major contributor to be
designated as a hacker/developer but would not give them some
preferential listing (artificial or not) over a non hacker.

Joshua D. Drake

- --
The PostgreSQL Company since 1997:
PostgreSQL Community Conference:
Donate to the PostgreSQL Project:
      PostgreSQL political pundit | Mocker of Dolphins

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)