Re: Complete breakdown of pgadmin when trying to connect to server or modify properties of tables of views

From: Michael Eschweiler <Michael(dot)Eschweiler(at)t-online(dot)de>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Complete breakdown of pgadmin when trying to connect to server or modify properties of tables of views
Date: 2008-03-07 22:58:48
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Dave,
many thanks for quick answer!

> - Run pgAdmin from the command line, with a command like:
> G_SLICE=always-malloc pgadmin3 &
This works fine

> - Recompile pgAdmin.
That's what I tried, too. Sorry, forgot to mention it. I downloaded the
source-rpm for my distribution and installed it. Controlling all the
requirements mentioned in the INSTALL file I found installed
GTK 2.12.5
automake 1.9.6
autoconf 2.60
gcc 4.1.3

wxGTK 2.6.8
libxml2 2.6.30
libxslt 1.1.22
Postgresql 8.1.11
So I thought that all requirements were fullfilled and I tried to compile it
with rpmbuild but unfortunately it stopped at the first step (suppose the
configure-process). The error message was:

checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

Attached you find the config.log. Perhaps it helps to determine the problem...
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
config.log text/x-log 8.7 KB