Need Mentors for Google Summer of Code!

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Need Mentors for Google Summer of Code!
Date: 2008-02-28 21:48:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hackers,

Over the last 2 years, Google Summer of Code has been responsible for
several new features of PostgreSQL: XML, ghost XID, phpPgAdmin upgrade,
and more, as well as some new long-term contributors to the project.  We
want to have an equally good summer this year.

So: we need PostgreSQL contributors to volunteer as mentors.  As
well as the core code, *any* project in the PostgreSQL "family" is
eligible, including drivers, GUIs, documentation, replication,
applications and tools. Don't be shy!  Pass this along to sub-projects of
PostgreSQL which might be eligible.

Mentors must be patient, friendly, easy to stay in touch with,
knowledgeable about their project areas, and able to commit to spending
several hours a week helping their student(s) from May to August.

GSOC is an unparalled opportunity for our project to recruit new
contributors, and get students interested in databases.  We have less than
week to get everything together.  So please respond soon!

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun