Re: We should get active ...

From: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
To: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: We should get active ...
Date: 2008-02-25 18:41:37
Lists: pgeu-general

> > Do we want a wiki? Of course! We probably want TWiki even, because it is
> > the best :) (note: i'm an active member of the TWiki community and
> > therefore not entirely objective, although really, TWiki _is_ the best).

I think the main feature we need for our wiki is some good
internationalisation. I'd like our website to be accessible in serveral
language, not just english.
We definitely need a simple way to edit and translate the pages.
i don't know about TWiki, but dokuwiki has the simpliest multilanguage module
i have ever seen.

> > Will the site be hosted on postgresql infrastructure? Where is it
> > currently hosted? does this have to be done by the postgresql
> > infrastructure management team?

As always this discussion has gone quickly into very technical details :-)
Can we start up another thread to discuss **what** we want into the website
and leave here the questions about **how* we are gonna do it ?

> In short words (correct this if I am wrong) :
> 2 servers (babar and dumbo) are hosted by dalibo at marseille, france.
> The admins are those from

Actually the servers are named aalderan and barzan :-)

> Pg-eu needs can be handle in a (one or more) freeBSD jail  which will be
> or not be in the above servers.

As Dave Page pointed out, we need more IP adresses for the servers. Dalibo is
working on it. It should happen soon.

damien clochard |