Re: One more option for pg_dump...

From: David BOURIAUD <david(dot)bouriaud(at)ac-rouen(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: One more option for pg_dump...
Date: 2008-02-25 15:33:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Le lundi 25 février 2008, Leonardo Cezar a écrit :

Hi Leonardo,
Thanks for your quick answer, I didn't know it was a TODO item, and that
somepeople were working on it... Keep going, then, cause I'm really waiting
for these features !

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 10:48 AM, David BOURIAUD
>
> <david(dot)bouriaud(at)ac-rouen(dot)fr> wrote:
> > Could there be an option to pg_dump (let's say --function [func_name])
> > to be abble to dump the complete source code of a function in a separate
> > file, or on the terminal ?
>
> It's a TODO item. Just not to functions and so others (operators,
> casts,...) objects as well.
>
> I'm coding a fully functional prototype that solves these features.
> Just now I'm going think in a way to dump overloaded functions that
> seems me one more complicated issue.
>
> > Do you think it could be a good thing ?
>
> Yep! Hence it's a todo item :-)
>
> > Are there workarounds to have the same comportement that I'm not aware
> > of ?
>
> Alot of lines sed+awk+pg_dump scripts ..

Nay, I use vim with two buffers, search for the code I want and copy-paste,
but reconn that it's not very user friendly !
Thanks again, I'll try to wait for the improvements in the next version of
postgres !