Re: We should get active ...

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: " Cédric Villemain" <cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com>, "Susanne Ebrecht" <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: We should get active ...
Date: 2008-02-25 16:07:34
Lists: pgeu-general
On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:58:55 +0000
"Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

> >  Perhaps a trac site + svn?
>
> Will you stop it with the new sites every five minutes? :-)

I like trac :)

> We have pgFoundry which does everything we should need for that sort
> of thing.

A couple of things one this:

 * Pgfoundry is about to move
 * Pgfoundry won't have svn for at least the next 6 months

And most importantly :) because of the work I did on pgweb, trac is
infinitely more flexible for things like commit rights to SVN. This to
me is the vital.

We as a community will be able to *easily* lock down per user exactly
which directories people can read and write.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

P.S. I know cvs can obviously do this and svn normal can too, but I am
talking dumb simple where clauses.

PostgreSQL SPI Liaison | SPI Director |  PostgreSQL political pundit