Re: pgsql: Add checks to TRUNCATE, CLUSTER, and REINDEX to prevent

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Add checks to TRUNCATE, CLUSTER, and REINDEX to prevent
Date: 2008-01-31 15:04:57
Lists: pgsql-committers

Tom Lane wrote:
> > You want a TODO for 3883?
>
> Yeah, I would like to have some positive detection for deadlocks
> involving LockBufferForCleanup(). What is unclear is how the heck
> to do that without adding unacceptable overhead to buffer pin/unpin.

OK, added to TODO:

* Improve deadlock detection when deleting items from shared buffers

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2008-01/msg00138.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-01/msg00873.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2008-01/msg00365.php

Let me know if there is better wording.