PostgreSQL Europe statutes : recap

From: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
To: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL Europe statutes : recap
Date: 2008-01-20 04:53:56
Lists: pgeu-general
hello !

As you have notice, messages about the statutes for the upcoming association
have suddenly stopped a few days ago. My guess is that's not because of lack
of interest. i feel that this whole thread was very difficult to follow, so i
took the 60 e-mails and tried to write a sum-up.

check-it out : http://wiki.postgresqlfr.org/doku.php/pgeu:statutes_discuss

i tried to respect everyone's thoughts (using quotes as mush as possible) in
order to give a proper view of the issues we have to solve. however i may
have made mistakes or forgot some ideas. If you notice any of that the best
thing to do is to directly edit the wiki page. If you can't, please send me
your modifications in a private e-mail.

i have identified 5 issues and several possible solutions for every issue :

1- Membership fee ?
      a : Keep the statutes as they are
      b : No membership fee for people
      c : Optional membership fee for people

2- Membership ?
     a : Keep the statutes as they are
     b : Automatic membership for users of local groups
     c : Optional membership for users of local groups

3- Quorum ?
    a : Keep the statutes as they are
    b : Lower the quorum
    c : Drop the quorum

4- Takeover protection ?
    a : Keep statutes as they are
    b : Add more criterium for the member to satisfy

5- Companies : sponsors or members ?
    a : Keep the statutes as they are
    b : Companies are sponsors

I'm not sure what is the best way to continue on these subjects. Maybe
creating a separate thread for each issue, or proposing a poll, or some kind
of wiki-based work.

Either way we have to go forward on these 5 issues

Regards,

--
damien clochard
http://dalibo.org | http://dalibo.com

pgeu-general by date

Next:From: Simon RiggsDate: 2008-01-20 13:29:07