Re: Release Candidate of the PostgreSQL Europe association statutes

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
Cc: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Release Candidate of the PostgreSQL Europe association statutes
Date: 2008-01-14 15:01:00
Lists: pgeu-general

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 03:29:38PM +0100, damien clochard wrote:

> > > Actally only the half of the Board of Directors is renewed every year and
> > > members of the Board of Directors are elected for 2 years. So a complete
> > > takeover would take 2 years :-)
> >
> > How's that going to work since we'll vote all boad members in the first
> > year? One will only be voted for one year? How do we decide which one?
> >

> Actually this is the situation we are facing @ pgfr . Our Board is composed of
> 11 persons. On January the 30th, we will have to renew the board for the
> first time. Half of the board ( 6 persons) have been chosen randomly
> as "leaving members" . So we will replace these 6 members. Next year
> we will renew the other 5 members.
>
> Of course leaving members can be re-elected.
>
> Apparently i forgot the write that mecanism in the statutes, my bad.

I think a clean way to do that in pgeu is to vote two members for 2 years
and one member for 1 year (since we're only getting 3 members in the board
for now - the org is small!). That way it solves itself. Doesn't need to be
in the statues, but we need to put it in the election info.

Easiest way - the two people who have the most votes get two years, the one
that gets in third place gets one year ;)

//Magnus