Re: Election for board of directors

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Election for board of directors
Date: 2008-01-14 11:42:47
Lists: pgeu-general
Hello,

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 11:12:48AM +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> On 13/01/2008, Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:
> > On 13/01/2008, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de> wrote:
> >
> > > - Election is scheduled for sunday evening 2008-02-24
> > >   https://www.bsdwiki.de/FOSDEM_2008
> >
> > At least three of us will be on a train home on Sunday evening, and I
> > wouldn't be surprised if we weren't the only ones. Can we schedule
> > this for Saturday or Sunday daytime?
>
> Actually, having looked further at the schedule I see our definitions
> of 'evening' differ. 5:30  6:00 should be fine for us - our Eurostar
> train leaves at 8:59PM.
>
> That said, is there any reason this needs time on the schedule at all?
> We could just have issue ballot papers to people throughout the two
> days and collect them at any time. We'd just need a list to ensure
> noone gets two papers and that their ID is checked.

Yes, at least for me there is a good reason:
We (Magnus and i) took over to prepare the election. But none of us is
confirmed by the community to do so. Because of this i want to avoid any
question afterwards.

How would you ensure that nobody get's two ballots into the box? For
counting the ballots we need some time anyway. So we decided to take
half a hour from the schedule and use this time for the election. We can
check the ID before and even hand out the ballots, that should not be
a problem. But i want some eyewitness for the election ;-)

Kind regards

--
				Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group