Re: Purpose of the European PostgreSQL Group

From: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
To: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Purpose of the European PostgreSQL Group
Date: 2008-01-14 10:27:55
Lists: pgeu-general

> Membership of a group in PG-EU would be paid for through an annual
> subscription, based on the number of members of the regional group.
> Each member of the regional group is automatically given a membership
> in PG-EU that allows them to vote and participate in PG-EU affairs.

hi Dave,

Just to clarify things up : PostgreSQLFr is not a regional group.

It is the association of the **french speaking** users of PostgreSQL.
This includes people living outside of Europe ( Canada, West Africa, etc. )

So automatic membership of the PG-FR members into PG-EU seems difficult to me.

For the moment,  only the Italians have a regional group with a registered
association and i don't see many other regional associations coming off the
ground.

Regards,

--
damien clochard