Re: Release Candidate of the PostgreSQL Europe association statutes

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: damien(at)dalibo(dot)info, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Release Candidate of the PostgreSQL Europe association statutes
Date: 2008-01-14 00:28:04
Lists: pgeu-general

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 12:15:59AM +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> On 14/01/2008, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de> wrote:
> > I looked up in my pgug folder, damien's announcement mail with the link
> > to the statues was sent at 200-11-06. That's more than two months ago!
> > And nobody replied, no one!
>
> I don't recall that email.

*hrmpf*

> > Yes, "providing support", "providing help to local groups", "promote PG"
> > ect. I can't remember words about blocking membership if you are already
> > in another PG organization or about rivalry between local and european
> > group.
>
> We didn't even discuss 'membership' because we weren't talking about a
> user group!! *That's* what I object to paying for - I'd be happy to
> pay to join a real user group like PostgreSQLFr.

We discussed a lot this evening and maybe the only real conclusion was,
that we want an user group for europe. For me, a user group goes along
with "membership" in this group.

> This of this like the PostgreSQL funds group who handling the global
> funding etc. There is no membership - just a bunch of people who all
> contribute towards getting the required work done.

It seems, we all have very difficult ideas about how to build this group.

Bye

--
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group