Election for board of directors

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>
To: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Election for board of directors
Date: 2008-01-13 20:52:47
Lists: pgeu-general
Hello all,

as Damien pointed out, we will have an election for the board of
directors at FOSDEM 2008 in Brussels. Magnus Hagander and myself
developed some basic rules for the first election. At the end of this
mail you will find a text copy of the rules or you can use the following
link:

http://www.pgug.eu/election.txt

We encourage everyone (not only people from europe) to send suggestions
for your candidate(s) to the mail address given in the rules.

Kind regards

----- election rules -----
Rules for election 2008
Board of directors European PostgreSQL User Group

- We elect 3 members for the board

- Candidates must be citizen of a european country or have a registered
main residence in a european country
- Candidates are not required to be present in Brussels at FOSDEM 2008

- Voters must be citizen of a european country or have a registered main
residence in a european country
- Voters must be present in Brussels at FOSDEM 2008
- Voters must present a photo-ID to get their ballot

- Everyone can suggest candidates, just send a mail to election(at)pgug(dot)eu
  Include the name and email address of the candidate
  Please specify if you want your suggestion to be handled anonymously

- A person may suggest him/herself

- For definition of "Europe" we go with:
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe
  ( http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Europe&oldid=183951112 )
  This especially is not limited to "European Union".

- Every voter has 3 votes which can go to one, two or three candidates

- The election is anonymous

- The 3 candidates with the most votes win

- If one candidate does not accept his election, the next voted
candidate
  will be asked

- We will provide printed ballots

Timeline:

- All suggestions up until 2008-02-17 (GMT) will get accepted

- If we don't have 3 accepted suggestions until 2008-02-17,
  the election will be canceled

- All suggested candidates are asked if they accept the candidature
  and are asked for a short profile

- The list of candidates is mailed to the -eu and -advocacy list
  on 2007-02-20

- Election is scheduled for sunday evening 2008-02-24
  https://www.bsdwiki.de/FOSDEM_2008

- If candidates not present in Brussels are elected, they are asked
  by mail if they accept the election. The answer must be given until
  2008-02-28 (GMT)

- The result of the voting is mailed to -eu and -advocacy list

Magnus Hagander, Andreas Scherbaum
----- / election rules -----

--
				Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group

pgeu-general by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2008-01-13 20:55:43